How do you get the most out of milk replacers and milk systems and how do you improve weaning weights? Those questions are key in the 7th episode of the Real P3 podcast series.
The Real P3 podcast series is a recent initiative, where pork professionals from all over the world are interviewed about challenges and solutions in their day-to-day work.
Opportunities to provide milk to piglets
In this 7th episode of the podcast series, Dr Casey Bradley talks to Paul Faris, currently employed by Novus International. He has a long history in pork production however, having worked at Cargill Pork and JBS prior to joining Novus.
Over the years, Faris gained a lot of experience with milk and milk production. He recalls his experience of about 15 years ago, when he noticed that the number of pigs born alive went up, but that this could not be supported by the sows, as the number of teats was insufficient. That is when the search for new opportunities and solutions started to provide milk sources.
In the previous weeks, Pig Progress published earlier episodes of the Real P3 Podcast Series:
• the prologue of the podcast series;
• Episode 1: Mihaela Angheluta, Denmark;
• Episode 2: Christine Snowden, Ohio, United States;
• Episode 3: Johan Odendall, Zimbabwe;
• Episode 4: James Lamb, North Carolina, United States;
• Episode 5: Dr Wayne Johnson, China;
• Episode 6: Colin Twomey, Ireland.