Zinc oxide, Prop 12, African Swine Fever, free farrowing stalls and a range of other topics are being discussed now the Real P3 podcast team sits back and reflects about the year 2021 so far.
The Real P3 podcast series is an initiative where pork professionals from around the world are interviewed about challenges and solutions in their day-to-day work.
In this 28th episode of the podcast, Dr Casey Bradley connected with co-founders Philip van den Brink and Willem Steyn as well as Vincent ter Beek, editor of Pig Progress, to reflect on the past months.
Especially from South Africa there come quite a lot of things to think about. Willem Steyn explains the effect the recent riots have had on South Africa’s agricultural production – and he also shares his perspectives on the reduction of zinc oxide.
In addition, what does the Prop 12 developments mean for US pig production – and would other countries around the world be ready for Prop 12?
In the previous weeks, Pig Progress published earlier episodes of the Real P3 podcast series. Episodes 25, 26 and 27 will be highlighted in the coming weeks.
• The prologue of the podcast series;
• Episode 1: Mihaela Angheluta, Denmark;
• Episode 2: Christine Snowden, Ohio, USA;
• Episode 3: Johan Odendall, Zimbabwe;
• Episode 4: James Lamb, North Carolina, USA;
• Episode 5: Dr Wayne Johnson, China;
• Episode 6: Colin Twomey, Ireland;
• Episode 7: Paul Faris, USA;
• Episode 8: A recap of 2020;
• Episode 9: Angie Krieger, USA;
• Episode 10: Henry Silva, USA;
• Episode 11: Shannon Dierking, USA;
• Episode 12: Sanne Baden, Denmark;
• Episode 13: Brian Strobel, USA;
• Episode 14: Nii Odoi, Ghana;
• Episode 15: Pieter Beerens, the Netherlands;
• Episode 16: Steven Payne, South Africa;
• Episode 17, part 1: Caroline Gonzalez-Vega, Germany;
• Episode 17, part 2: Jim Smith, USA;
• Episode 17, part 3: Ana Lucia Pozzobon de Souza, USA;
• Episode 18: Zhaohui “Edward” Yang, USA;
• Episode 19: Ron Simmons, USA;
• Episode 20: Porcast’s Jean-Philippe Martineau and Louis-Philippe Roy, France;
• Episode 21: Amanda Minton and Dr Justin Fix, USA;
• Episode 22: Dr Daniel Columbus, Canada;
• Episode 23: Dave Klocke, USA;
• Episode 24: part 1: Dr Craig Bradley, USA;
• Episode 24, part 2: Scott McKenzie, USA;.
• Episode 24; part 3: Dennis Wooden, MI, USA.