Zhongpin leases further pork plant

03-12-2008 | |

Chinese meat and food processing firm Zhongpin has entered into an agreement with Chenguang Meat Products Factory to lease a pork production facility in Shenzhou city starting from early December.

The facility  located in the city of Shenzhou, Hebei Province, has an annual chilled and frozen pork production capacity of around 26,000 metric tonnes. Zhongpin plans to use about 70% of the capacity for the production of chilled pork products and the remaining 30% for frozen pork products.

According to Zhongpi, the leased facility has the largest hog slaughtering capacity in Shenzhou and is equipped with equipment utilising advanced processing technology. The addition of this facility increases Zhongpin’s chilled and frozen pork production capacity by 7%, bringing total production capacity to 417,560 metric tonnes annually.

Related Website

More about