SPACE: Acémo gilt & sow feeding station wins three star Innov’Space award
French livestock equipment company Acémo won the prestigious three-star Innov’Space award at the first day of the annual livestock show in Rennes, France.
Of the 53 awards receiving one or two stars, there were only seven that were awarded a complimentary star at the show’s exhibition party.
The company’s Eliskool concept is a novel type of Electronic Sow Feeding station which combines a training sluice for gilts as well as an ordinary feeding station for older-parity sows. It has two entrances and two exits, but it only uses one trough.
Gilts can thus be positioned physically adjacent to its stable sow group, get used to their group and to the feeders, without however receiving aggressive treatment by older sows.
Other winners of three stars included:
– Nutrea Nutrition Animale (TruieBox: a feed density indicator) – feed, pigs
– FAF (FAF Le Rêve Tangential Ventilation: cage ventilation) – poultry
– Gallagher (Smart Power Mi: electric fencing) – cattle, sheep
– Veng System (Intelligent Canopy: a piglets pen) – pigs
– Mechineau Elevage Industrie (V5: calf feed dispenser) – feed, cattle
– AGID (ID_Parlour: Milking help) – cattle, sheep