Animal nutrition company Olmix will organise its first Algae Symposium, dedicated to global nutrition and health issues.
The event shall be held in the Palais de Congrès, in Pontivy, France, on September 10. The event takes place one day before the annual livestock show SPACE, in Rennes, France.
The event is fully titled ‘Algae: The blue revolution for a sustainable chemistry’. Main question shall be how algae can bring solutions to global nutrition and health issues. Speakers from several specialised institutions will share the latest knowledge on algae science.
• Hervé Balusson, Olmix Group President and CEO
• Dr Christine Bodeau-Bellion, Science et Mer Laboratory – President of the Syndicate of Seaweed and Marine Plants
• Prof Eric Deslandes, University of Western Brittany
• Dr Philippe Potin, research director – Roscoff Biological Station – CNRS UMR 1931 – IDEALG project coordinator
• Dr Mirjaml Czjzec, research director – Roscoff Biological Station – CNRS UMR 1931
• Prof N. Bourgougnon, LBCM (Biotechnology and Marine Chemistry Laboratory) – University of Southern Brittany
• Dr H. Salmon, research director – INRA Tours (French National Institute for Agricultural Research)
• Prof P. Bougnoux, oncologist, director of the unit ‘Nutrition, growth and cancer’ – INSERM (National Institute for Health and Medical Research) – Chief of cancerology service – CHU Tours (University Hospital Center)
• Eliana Henriquez Flores, agronomist – head of the International Affairs Unit – CIREN (Centre for Renewable Natural Resources Information) – Santiago, Chile
• A. Rannou, deputy managing director in charge of Innovation – ARD Soliance
• Dr Maria Hayes, scientific project manager – NutraMara – Teagasc Ashtown Food Research Centre – Ireland
• Christine Le Tennier, Algues de Bretagne – Globe Export SARL
• Bruno Daridon, R&D director – PRP Technologies
• Dr Adeline Picot, Plants Pathology Laboratory – VEGENOV BBV
• Prof Simon Davies, professor of Aquaculture Nutrition at the University of Plymouth (UK).
Click here for the full programme.