China: Zhongpin leases pork production facility

10-09-2007 | |

Zhongpin, Chinese meat and food processing company signed an agreement with Tianjin Shunli Enterprise to lease its pork production facility.

The facility is situated in the suburb of Tianjin, 120 kilometers from Beijing City. The facility improves Zhongpin’s position in the north of China, particularly in Tianjin, Beijing and the surroundings of Pohai Bay.

The Tianjin facility has production capacity of up to 53,000 metric tonnes of chilled and frozen pork annually. About 80% of the capacity will be dedicated to the production of chilled pork and the other 20% will be allocated to frozen pork.