In this 25th edition of the Real P3 podcast, listeners can learn about ingredient pricing and how to stay ahead of the markets.
The Real P3 podcast series is an initiative where pork professionals from around the world are interviewed about challenges and solutions in their day-to-day work.
It’s difficult to predict the future on the investment markets, and there’s a lot of information on the macro ingredients such as corn and soymeal, but often we don’t focus on the bottom 20%, or the micro ingredients.
In this episode, Dr Casey Bradley speaks to Guy Soreq, originally from Israel, who is the founder of Glowlit. Big companies, he says, can pay for market intelligence, but small companies, producers or distributors cannot. This platform is a pricing tool that allows anyone that has information to get information in return for a small input.
Swine producers paying a fair price
“A lot of time, we don’t question pricing,” notes Dr Bradley. She asks Soreq how producers can make better buying decisions. He discusses this in depth and explains how farmers can get value by going onto Glowlit at no cost, anonymously, and entering what they just paid for any ingredient or by-product included in their rations, and make sure that they are paying the right price – the fair price, he emphasises.
Soreq speaks about managing costs, maximising profits, and making sure that smaller producers and farmers are “going to be around for a longer term as opposed to getting beat by the competition”. He explains how the service is changing the game for both livestock producers and suppliers. He also shares a little bit about pork production in Israel.
In the previous weeks, Pig Progress published earlier episodes of the Real P3 podcast series. Check out for instance:
• Episode 20: Porcast’s Jean-Philippe Martineau and Louis-Philippe Roy, France;
• Episode 21: Amanda Minton and Dr Justin Fix, USA;
• Episode 22: Dr Daniel Columbus, Canada;
• Episode 23: Dave Klocke, USA;
• Episode 24: part 1: Dr Craig Bradley, Michigan, USA;
• Episode 24, part 2: Scott McKenzie, Michigan, USA;
• Episode 24, part 3: Dennis Wooden, Michigan, USA;
• Episode 28: Willem Steyn (South Africa), Philip van den Brink and Vincent ter Beek (both the Netherlands).