Workshop on carbon footprint of animal nutrition
The Dutch Product Board Animal Feed and Wageningen University and Research organise an international Workshop 'Carbon Footprint Animal Nutrition' on 20-21 June, 2011. The programme includes two field trips.
The carbon footprint project comprises crop production (as the first step) until the conversion of animal feed into animal products (the last step). For that reason, the workshop is meant for crop producers, primary food processors, (compound) feed industry, animal husbandry and the dairy, meat and egg industries.
Day 1 will take place in Congress hotel ‘Hof van Wageningen’, in Wageningen, the Netherlands.
• Session 1: The importance of a transparent/public and uniform/ harmonised and widely supported calculation of the Carbon Footprint.
• Session 2: State of the art in methodology and data quality.
• Session 3: Presentation of the calculations
• Session 4: Panel discussion of topics which result from the harmonisation of calculation methods and the sample calculation model.
The second day of the programme is dedicated to field trips, to be finished in time to meet return flights. One trip will take visitors to Provimi’s Research Centre of Provimi in Velddriel, the Netherlands.
The second trip is to the dairy farm of Van Wijk in Waardenburg. This farm is one of the participants in the project ‘Koeien en Kansen’ (Cows and Opportunities).
Entry to the workshop can be obtained by filling out a digital registration form. More information on the subject can also be found at Carbon Footprint Animal Nutrition.
• Wageningen University and Research Centre (WUR)
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.