Self-catching Pens Without Mechanical Suspension
For the occasion of the EuroTier 2010 WEDA Dammann & Westerkamp GmbH in Lutten have created a self-catching pen without mechanical suspension.
All functions from opening to locking exclusively function via the locking and opening system which is maintenance-free, requires no physical strength and there is no wear. The technical base for this is an innovative leverage technique which works in combination with weight shifting on a minimal space.
Of great significance for practice
The main advantage of this new system for practitioners lies in the operation. By means of the new type of free range the opening and the adjustment of the desired function of up to 20 becomes quite easy. With this development WEDA react on the demands of modern pig managements to be able to operate self-catching pens with less mechanical effort. This way, all requirements of the EU guideline 88/2001 as well as of the national animal welfare provisions are more than fulfilled.
Thus, the SF series also becomes an ergonomical alternative for unit operators who are of lower stature or of less physical strength. This is a novelty for the branch and the modern answer on the fact that more and more women gain a foothold in the branch of agriculture. The handling of the self-catching pen is also advantageous for applicants of average physical strength as they do not fatigue so quickly.
The SF system works without wear. This way, problems with corroding springs and potential costs due to the procurement of replacement parts or expensive Service assignments do not occur any more. A simplified technology provides more time for animal control and management for the unit operator. Another great advantage is enjoyed by the animals, resp. by the sows who by means of the sophisticated mechanics of the barrier-free door locking system can take up their feed considerable more free from stress.
The locking of the SF2 takes place as standards. When the sow enter, the pen locks itself automatically.
With the aid of the intelligent door flap construction the animal can leave her SF2 at any time without foreign help. This function allows in particular the lower-raking sows to feed free from stress as higher-ranking or aggressive sows do not press after and thus cannot injure the sow inside the stand. This is practical animal protection and prevents the lower-ranking sows start getting fearful and leave their stand only rarely or not at all any more.
The innovative criteria at a glance:
- The “free-range construction“ for the functions Opening, Catching Locking still works securely when a heavy sow presses against the entrance gate. Currently, the function is unique in the field of self-catching pens and an innovation for modern house equipment systems which meet with the requirements of animal welfare.
- One-lever technology for several functions: with the aid of the one-hand lever up to 20 boxes can be operated with one hand and with low energy input. Also, automatical operation is possible from the rear or from the front side.
- Maintenance-free technology
- The function of the exit for the sow requires no customary rocker or trough-flap systems.
- By weight-shifting the door closes on its own and locks itself so that a third animal is unable to enter into the occupied pen.
- With slight pressure at the exit, the sow is able to open the door on her own.
- As opposed to conventional self-catching pens the construction allows faster assembly which saves costs.
- As there are no trough flaps, rockers, etc., optimal animal control with simplest handling is possible.
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.