Gold EuroTier medal for Hölscher & Leuschner
German equipment manufacturer Hölscher & Leuschner from EmsbÃ¼ren has
received a Eurotier golden medal for the development for an image-processing
system for automatic health control of sows in group management.
The system is succeeding the OptiSort mechanism, that already uses cameras
for the monitoring of large groups of fattening pigs.
Now, thanks to a special opto-electronic image processing system the rear
part of the sow is recorded and evaluated via a special analysis programme.
The German Agricultural Society, who set up an impartial commission of
experts, judged the new system is an 'innovative, important approach to herd
management for demand feeding in large groups'.
Silver medals were awarded to:
- H. Wilhelm Schaumann, 'Biological ensiling agent to
boost biogas yield'
- RIMU - LÃ¼ftungstechnik & University of Bonn,
'BiogasPro, Biogas plant surveillance in focus'
- Menno Chemie-Vertrieb & Bernd Pragst - Silo
Service, 'Silo-RoBoFox - cleaning robot'
- Bernhard Mannebeck Landtechnik, ' Swingfix - swinging
door - self-catching box'
- TEWE-Elektronic, 'Hygiene package for dry feeding'
will be held from 14-17 November in Hanover,
To comment, register here
Or register to be able to comment.