Safe use of animal plasma: Join the discussion at Victam
How can safe animal plasma help reducing the usage of antibiotics on European farms? This is the theme of the conference, organised by the European Animal Protein Association (EAPA).
The event will take place at Tuesday June, 9th 2015, the first day of the Victam, held in Cologne, Germany. It will delve into the safe use of animal plasma (related to PED virus), why it is important to reduce antibiotics on farm level and how plasma can play a role in this.
- The development of PEDv on a global scale: what knowledge has been gained by the swine industry (Dr. Tanja Opriessnig)
- Plasma potentiates PEDV inactivation (Dr. Galena Quist-Rybachuk, practising Veterinarian and Post-Doc at Ghent University, Belgium)
- How to get away from antibiotics and what feedborn possibilities do we have? (Professor Geert Janssens, Department of Nutrition, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Belgium)
- Recent experiences with plasma in piglets (Dr. David Torrallardona, researcher at the IRTA Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology, Catalonia Spain)
- (First) experiences with plasma in broiler diets (Ir. Carine van Vuure, MSc, Manager Nutrition & Regulatory Affairs, Darling Ingredients International, The Netherlands)
Join the conference by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The event from EAPA will be held on June 9th, from 14.00h-17.15h (Conference room D, Congress Centre North Köln Messe, Germany).
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.