Experts from Rosselkhoznadzor, Federal Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance, from the All-Russian State Center for Quality and Standardization of Animal Drugs and Feeds, the Central Scientific - Methods Veterinary Laboratory, and the Northwestern Meat Association subordinate to the Rosselkhoznadzor visited Germany and the Netherlands 20 to 24 February 2011 in order to study the situation that had taken shape there due to contamination of animal products with dioxins.
The expert group visited:
- A private laboratory (Agrolaboratory LUFA-ITL GmbH, Dr. – Hell – Strasse 6, 24107 Kiel, Germany) performing tests for dioxins and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs);
- Pork slaughter and processing plant VION Emstek (DE ES 806 EG, DE EZ 806 EG) Wilhelm-Bunsen-Straße 15, Germany;
- Category 3 offal processing plant Sonac Lingen (DE 03454000108) Friedrich-Ebert-Straße 132, 49811, Lingen, Germany;
- Feeding and edible fat rendering plant Sonac Eindhoven (NL 138) Meerenakkerweg 7, 5652 AR Eindhoven, the Netherlands;
- Rikilt Wageningen University, Rikilt Institute of Food Safety, Akkermaalsbos 2, 6708 WB, Wageningen, the Netherlands, performing tests for dioxins and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs);
The Russian expert group was informed of the following aspects:
- Methods of dioxin detection in animal products and feeds, used in German and Dutch reference laboratories;
- Dioxin control system for animal products and feeds implemented at German and Dutch plants;
- Identification of animal products and feeds at all production stages at German and Dutch plants;
At the present time, the materials obtained during the visit are being analysed, the analysis results will be made available later.