Home

News 974 views

Australia: Flatulent pig prompts gas scare

A flatulent pig sparked a gas emergency in southern Australia when a farmer mistook its odours for a leaking pipe, according to officials.

After reports of a gas leak, fifteen firefighters and two trucks were called to a property in the state of Victoria.

"When we got there, as we drove up the driveway, there was this huge sow, about a 120-odd kilo (265-pound) sow, and it was very obvious where the gas was coming from," said fire captain Peter Harkins. "We could not only smell it, but we heard it and it was quite funny."

The pig's owner was "a little bit embarrassed to say the least," and it took fire crews a little while to compose themselves.

Editor PigProgress

Or register to be able to comment.