Results survey among pig/poultry experts
At a recent meeting, organised by Alltech, 180 of
Europe's top nutritionists and veterinarians gave their opinion about the
current and future issues in the pig and poultry business.
These are the results:
- 70% of pig and 79% of poultry
respondents believe GM feed is inevitable.
- 68% think Biofuels policy has
negative effect on EU agriculture.
- 62% and 65% respectively worried by new
EU salmonella targets.
- Roughly half of both species believe performance is
worse since the AGP ban, but half do not, reflecting the success of alternatives
such as Bio-MosÂ®.
- 70% believe selecting for improved pig
growth has compromised immunity.
- Nearly 80% believe following NRC or other
equivalents do not give Sows enough minerals.
- 70% have see circovirus on
their farms, or on their clients farms.
- 75% say the enzymes they use are
effective but nearly 90% report wet litter problems.
- 60% felt coccidiosis
vaccines alone are not able to replace coccidiostats.
- 77% report seeing
- 64% have changed diet specifications since feed
material prices have increased.
For the latest pig news, subscribe
To comment, login here
Or register to be able to comment.